Updated Announcement – 08/02/2020
- WCLC will open online classes on 8/17. We will make adjustments to instructional methods to fit for online / on-site classes depending on the CDC’s and WVUSD’s guidelines for student instruction.
- Once on-site classes are permitted to open, students who enrolled for the entire online program would be prioritized first for enrollment. We will admit students based on a first come first serve basis. Once it is safe to open on-site classes, students can choose to either stay with the online program or change to the on-site program.
- Online Chinese classes are open for students of all ages. Class levels include Pinyin, Book 1 – Book 5
- Online English and Math classes are open for Grade 1 – Grade 5 students
- Students who enrolled in only online Chinese OR online English and Math classes are welcome to join our on-site classes (once opened) if space is available. They may also choose to remain online.
- Homework Help: If students need homework help, they may submit a request to schedule one-on-one time with the teacher starting from the day the assignment is assigned to the day before it’s due. Services will be charged by unit (1 Unit = 30 min session). This will be additional to tuition. Scheduling is based on teacher’s availability. Call for further details.
- For Returning Students:
- For parents who paid the tuition for 2019-2020’s second semester, the remaining tuition will be credited towards tuition costs. WCLC will send you a balance sheet tracking each month’s deductions and the remaining credit balance.
- On 8/14 and 8/15, from 4 - 6pm, please go to the office (20850 E. Carrey Rd. Walnut, CA 91789) to pick-up Chinese textbooks and/or English and Math materials. If unavailable to pick-up on these days, please contact (909) 706-0867 to schedule an appointment.
Since our establishment in 2004 as a registered heritage school and a member of Southern California Council of Chinese Schools , the Walnut Chinese Language Center has been providing families of the local communities with programs encouraging academic excellence and bilingualism.
Our Afterschool Program, Weekday Chinese Class and Summer Program are offered to students from grade levels K-8. Instruction in the Chinese language courses are provided by experienced, professional instructors.